You can install configserver firewall on a linux server with the following steps :
1. Run the following command :
rm -fv csf.tgz
tar -xzf csf.tgz
2.If you would like to disable APF+BFD (If you have them installed then you will require it else they will conflict horribly):
3. Now, you have to configure csf and lfd in WHM, or edit the files
directly in /etc/csf/*
4. CSF provides a pre-configured setup for the cpanel servers, it automatically configures all the relevent ports in csf which are used for the proper working of cpanel.
5. If you want to add some additional ports or want to change the CSf setting, it can be done from file /etc/csf/csf.conf in server or from WHM >> Plugins >> ConfigServer Firewall >> Firewall configuration.
6. If you are using CSF in VPS, Please make sure to enable klogd and check /etc/init.d/syslog .
7. CSF is previously configured to work on a cPanel server with all the regular cPanel
ports open. It also auto-configures your SSH port if it is not good on installation.
See the readme.txt file for more information.
* If any case you want to Uninstall it then you have to follow the following steps :
Removing csf and lfd is even more simple: