Tag Archives: server optimization

Server Infrastructure Optimization– Strategy and Planning

Server Infrastructure Optimization

Practices to reduce IT operating costs: This blog post shows how a company can reduce costs of its IT operations and improve the efficiency of IT resources by optimizing its main infrastructure and adopting the best practices in the operations of servers. The practices described are effective to reduce operating costs and free up resources (human and financial) they offer and add value to the company and its customers.

Introduction

Even in the best of times, IT managers face multiple challenges; providing excellent services 24×7 with limited budget makes things a little bit difficult to manage. Studies by different analysts indicate that about 80% of the companies IT budget usually devoted to the operations and maintenance. This leaves only 20% for IT innovation which is yet one factor increasing the values of the companies. In these uncertain economic times, with tight budgets, this ratio may change in favor of the operations and maintenance, which reduces the share for the improvement of services for the companies. read more