As we all know, Microsoft Hyper-V is a virtualization solution which is mainly considered for windows cloud computing infrastructure. As of now, Microsoft has two products for cloud solution: Windows Azure and Hyper-V. However, Microsoft realized that they needed to offer a single package solution for cloud infrastructure, particularly for dedicated private cloud as similar to VMware does. Therefore, “Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track” was introduced to fill the gap in the cloud line.
As we all know Hyper- V is a virtualization technology for Windows platform and this new 3.0 version is specially developed for the Windows 8 client and Windows Server 8. Microsoft is going to offer this version as a stand alone product.
The key features of this operating system are:
- It focuses more on virtualization with the update to hyper-v 3.0
- High availability, simple management of multiple server platforms
- Main vision is to focus on the cloud computing
- More flexibility and simplicity to manage data and applications
However, hyper-v 3.0 is based an older version of hyper-v that creates a virtualization environment for multiple partitioning to run. The layer of hypervisor, or the parent partition actually enables the management of child partitions. In addition, hyper-V uses the term partition to refer to a virtualization layer that provides an separate environment in which guest OS and application can run.
At the conference Microsoft unveiled Windows Server 8. This is the first server version which involved in between developers of Windows and Windows Azure team. You’ll find many concepts and elements of Azure in Windows Server 8.
The goals of Windows Server 8 is to create, deploy, administer private cloud, and cloud to the hybrid on Azure platform.
Microsoft Ad said:
- Geo replication between data centers would be more easy with these new features included in platform.
- Translator API is now available in marketplace to improve the translation of applications.
- Windows SDK 1.5: This new API will assist to improve performance of monitoring, and remote desktop encryption.
- Windows Azure Bus: The latest version with many improved features.
- Toolkit for Windows Azure & Windows 8: Currently available for Windows Phone, IOS, Android will be available for Windows 8. ideal for applications metropolitan cities.
- Demonstration Team Foundation (TFS) on Azure.
- As of now in 25 countries Azure is available
Windows Server 8 incorporates Hyper-V 3.0, which will provide all the elements to create the private cloud. Virtualization is highlighted and the dynamic approach to its infrastructure. This v3 includes a new virtual disk format, the function VHDX Storage Spaces to create virtual storage volume on any physical storage anywhere. Above all, the virtual storage can be done over several physical volumes.