At the conference Microsoft unveiled Windows Server 8. This is the first server version which involved in between developers of Windows and Windows Azure team. You’ll find many concepts and elements of Azure in Windows Server 8.
The goals of Windows Server 8 is to create, deploy, administer private cloud, and cloud to the hybrid on Azure platform.
Microsoft Ad said:
- Geo replication between data centers would be more easy with these new features included in platform.
- Translator API is now available in marketplace to improve the translation of applications.
- Windows SDK 1.5: This new API will assist to improve performance of monitoring, and remote desktop encryption.
- Windows Azure Bus: The latest version with many improved features.
- Toolkit for Windows Azure & Windows 8: Currently available for Windows Phone, IOS, Android will be available for Windows 8. ideal for applications metropolitan cities.
- Demonstration Team Foundation (TFS) on Azure.
- As of now in 25 countries Azure is available
Windows Server 8 incorporates Hyper-V 3.0, which will provide all the elements to create the private cloud. Virtualization is highlighted and the dynamic approach to its infrastructure. This v3 includes a new virtual disk format, the function VHDX Storage Spaces to create virtual storage volume on any physical storage anywhere. Above all, the virtual storage can be done over several physical volumes.