PhpMychat is a chat room, which is based on PHP or MYSQL script. If users have VPS hosting and they want to install this php based chat room, then they can go through the following steps :
1. Open the link : http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmychat/
2. Download : phpMyChat-Plus_1.93_full.zip
4. Specify the database:
Name of database :
Yes to password :yes
Enter Password :
Confirm Password :
Yes to create :yes
Create Another :no
6. Click on the GO option for auto setup.
7. Users have to fill the particular information in database :
8. Click on the GO option for auto setup.
9. Fine Tuning Options: Users have to select their preferred option and then have to click on “OK” button.
10. Go To Admin Area : Users have to login to their admin area with their own username and password.
11. After login, users have to copy and paste the produced text file with in their preferable text editor.
12. Using the login and password for the database the users can edit that text file.
13. After edit, save that text file with the following name : config.lib.php3
14. Transfer the text file to the below mentioned folder : /home/username/public_html/chat/config/
15. The installation process is done. Chatroom is ready to use.