PuTTY is a terminal emulator. The client part supports the protocols:
- TCP crude
This is Free Software released under the MIT license. Its main features are:
- Retains the settings of the hosts and their preferences for future use.
- Control the encryption key and the version of the SSH protocol.
- It includes an SFTP client command line called psftp.
- It includes an SCP client command line called pscp.
- Allows control of the port translation (port forwarding) on SSH dynamic local and remote.
- Supports IPv6.
- Supports encryption 3DES, AES, Arcfour, Blowfish, DES.
- Supports public key authentication.
- Supports Telnet, SSH, and rlogin, and RS-232.
- There is a command line version called Plink.
- No installation is necessary; simply run the downloaded executable to use.
PuTTY does not generate backup file for the parameters. These are stored in the register at the hive:
“HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ SimonTatham \ PuTTY \ Sessions”