* What is Domain name?
All domain names are formed by the rules and regulations of DNS. DNS stands for Domain Name System. Domain names are used to identify one or more IP addresses and also identify a realm of administrative autonomy, authority or control in the Internet.
* What are the advantages of own domain?
1. It would be very easy to find out. Like : yourdomain.com is more easy to remember than yourdomain.com/abc-church
2. You get a more professional image in the market with it.
3. You can utilize various Email “aliases”. Every Email message affirms your name, eg [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
4. If you want to change your hosting provider, remove ‘in that case’ you can do that very easily with your own domain.
5. Your website would be search engine friendly.
6. You would get good rank in search engine listings.
* What is Domain extensions?
The domain extensions are the suffix, which are located at the end of a web address. Such as .com or .net.
*How to set up up a domain name for a website?
There are mainly three steps to setting up a domain for your website.
A. You have to register a suitable domain name with a domain registrar.
B. Setting up the domain name entry in a DNS server.
C. Configuring the web server to listen to the requests for the domain name.