Bridges with SI companies (systems Integrator) can be established through cloud computing. Various systems allow interconnecting with very secure applications that are already installed in the SI companies with applications hosted on cloud computing platforms.
This interconnection between the client and the solution addresses the following aspects:
Integrated Authentication of users: users must authenticate the same way they are used to with application while accessing applications hosted on cloud platforms. For this, SSO (single sign-On) solutions and identify services can be implemented within the company or through SAAS solutions.
Data exchange between applications: cloud computing applications must use some data from SI or allow the reintegration of data generated by an application in the cloud storage. In addition, the web and mobile solutions deport the Internet Business Solutions for business users with the cloud computing solutions. Because of this interconnection via proprietary APIs (HTTPS) is possible. Connections are secured and encrypted by SSL.
Integration of interfaces within a single portal: the web portal of business must integrate enterprise content and content of applications for cloud computing. For this purpose, solutions for content aggregation portal can be implemented within the company or through specialized SAAS solutions.
Interconnection with cloud platform: when using the company that offers several cloud computing solutions, it should be possible to exchange information between various cloud computing platforms without any glitches. The solution should be implemented on following aspects:
* Create a channel of communication between cloud platforms.
* Dedicated solutions suggested by SAAS.
* Dedicated solutions recommended in applications, software or hardware.
Challenges of Cloud Computing
Brake to the adoption of cloud computing is often mentioned when discussing cloud computing solutions.
Safety first, indeed data and applications are by definition not materialized or localized, then there is some fear to use these solutions, particularly for loss, corruption or theft of data.
Cloud computing resolves these concerns by:
- Ultra-secure systems:
- At the physical level securing the data centers
- By RH binding measures in data center:
- Operating procedures pronounced:
- Backup procedures and secure operations
- Certified and audited procedures
- Data centers certified by the highest standards: E.g. SAS70.
- The nature of the cloud:
- Data and applications are centralized on servers, and are therefore more isolated terminals, potentially unsafe and but not vulnerable to theft or loss;
- Data streams are more easily controlled.
Another point that can be a barrier to adoption of cloud computing solution mentioned below.
- Legal aspects, including the location of the data and the laws in host countries where data transfer out of the country: the data are physically protected but what about the legal level?
The cloud solutions are based on the provision of resources on demand. In addition, cloud computing offers complete and advanced solutions to adapt large needs for the organization.
- Identical capacity to cope up the server load variations and absorption of peak loads through dynamic sizing of resources.
- Infrastructure can be adapted to the greatest number, regardless of the size of the company.
- Data and applications to possibly be accessible to all users, at any time, any place through mobile terminals as well.
- Secure infrastructure.
- Extension and enhancement of SI with traditional bridges between cloud solutions
- Multitude of offers and solutions IAAS, PAAS, MAAS, SAAS …