Shared hosting is popular for cheap, economical, budget hosting. Shared web hosting is a very popular web hosting in the hosting market. Maximum people prefer cheap rate, budget shared hosting for personal and small business website.
Users share a single physical server and all like it’s disk space, processing power, and RAM etc. And also the server maintenance cost. So cost of this hosting is low.
Platforms and Software :
User can choose their preferable operating system Linux or Windows platform with shared hosting. Many websites need one or the another depending on the server technologies utilized to develop the website. Like, ASP.NET is a server side scripting language which is utilized to develop database driven websites. MS SQL is a Microsoft database product. If your website has been developed using these then you have to choose Windows hosting because these scripts are not supported by Linux. There are many vital option to develop database driven sites on Linux, like: PHP and MySQL. These are the core of open source many content management systems like, Drupal, Joomla etc. But before selecting a hosting provider users have to check because all hosting providers don’t provide both platforms.
Is Shared Hosting Worth the Cheap Price?
For maximum people who want to start a small business, shared hosting is appropriate for for those people. The costs for VPS hosting or Dedicated hosting are too much for many people. On the other hand shared server is quite acceptable for most people. Shared hosting may not be the best in terms of performance but it is a suitable option which permit people to make a web presence quickly and economically.
There are so many website hosting provider permit online site builders with hundreds, or even thousands of templates which permit user to create and launch a website with little or no technical knowledge. The vital thing is select the hosting service which supports the technologies user or user’s developer will utilize to develop their website. If users want to create the website themselves, then clear the following queries before signing up with a provider:
1. About customer support related query
2. Do they provide assistance would user require it when building your site with their online site builder.
and also ask any other questions you may have.
Benefits of Shared Web Hosting :
1. The basic and main benefit of shared hosting is it’s cost effective character.
2. It is very easy to use.
3. Your website is set-up in very short time.
4. It is a Self-managed hosting plan. User can manage their hosting as per their requirements.
Drawbacks of Shared Web Hosting :
1. It’s Performance quality is low.
2. It has security problem. Less secure
3. Shared IP address- If you wish to install a SSL certificate on your website, you will have to pay extra for a dedicated IP address with your shared hosting account.
SO, before you choose your hosting provider you must confirm about your requirements. Once you know about your requirements then it will be very easy to choose proper hosting plan and hosting provider.
Money is the most evasive object in the world. Is there anybody in this world who wouldn’t like to save or make money? In this modern economic time not only individuals but even organizations want to save money to survive amidst harsh competition. Therefore, it is a big modification for many professionals to try to search ways to save money. In most of the organizations, important aspects of budgeting, such as advertising, promotions and computer resources go beyond the prescribed budget and which are both small and big organizations. So now I want to discuss ways on saving money while maintaining your website.
Save money on the Web site:
The whole process of making a website involves cost in various steps. Beginning from the purchase of systems you must be careful about your budget. When you choose a system keep in mind the tasks required to perform with the help of what you buy and so based on the different tasks, you can buy the system best suited to your requirements. Just buying a costly system will not help you in any way. You must keep in mind that you should buy the most effective system with cheap maintenance cost because in most companies, a large fraction of the cost to maintain a website is paid for the preservation of their own Internet infrastructure.
When selecting a website hosting provider, not only the necessary items but also the significant resources they offer such as memory, network bandwidth and disk space etc. should be taken into consideration. The resolution of these helpful features will permit you to create a dynamic website with relative ease. You can either give the extra cost for the service or save a decent amount by selecting a relatively cheap web host.
Tons of options to choose from:
Almost all web hosting providers must provide some extra features in this high competitive market. These additional features were simple and limited in the past, but, now the web hosts provide a big range of options to small and medium range organizations for a low price. Cheap web hosting is not necessarily limited to utilizing a shared server. For example, you can easily search a good VPS hosting plan for a very reasonable price. It is perfect both as a shared hosting and with dedicated server support. It can offer the stability and performance which thousands of website owners enjoy on a shared service and also the flexibility that is same as a dedicated hosting service. In this competitive market, you can get more for your money.
Cheap plans are always not bad :
There are many people who have a misconception that cheap web hosting equals poor quality service. This is normal because the the shady practices of a number of organizations in the market. Luckily, there are different very good web hosting providers who provide their clients a range of services and tools without charging a fortune. Along with the competitive pricing, they also provide you with excellent quality of support. You have to do a bit of research to find the best web hosting providers.
Now internet is a common word. If anybody wants to start an online business then there are many options. So, they get confused and can’t decide where to start. Here are some recommendation.
We can say that the best online business is the one which you enjoy creating and obviously it would be very profitable. The only problem is maximum business owner start their business based on profits alone. The result is that business goes downhill in very short time. You just go through the below points and then decide that which would be suitable for you.
Selling Web hosting : In this case you can start your business very easily. You have to just purchase a reseller hosting from a reliable hosting provider and create your own hosting plans and sell them. But you must have a proper business plan and interest to promote your business.
1. You can make money easily.
2. You have Complete control over resources
3. you don’t require big budget to start this business.
Keep in mind :
1. You have to promote your business very aggressively.
2. You must have a proper business plan.
3. You have to manage your client’s billing system properly.
If you have small budget, interested in promotion, have a little bit technical knowledge able to handle billing system and also able to make suitable business plans then this online business would be proper for you. But keep in mind proper reliable, secure hosting provider selection is the key to success in this business.
Affiliate business : This online business requires you to promote products and services those are developed by another vendors. You have to register for the affiliate program, then get a little promotional links and banners and then start sending traffic to the vendor’s main page. When a sale is made, you get a particular amount of commission. This business model is great if you enjoy driving traffic and do not want to give too much time on product development.
1. You don’t require to give time on product development.
2. No need for you to have your own product.
3. No great effort required.
4. No need for intensive product knowledge.
Keep in mind :
1. There is too much competition with other affiliates in this business.
2. You don’t have any control for dropping of rates – obviously, you depend on the affiliate programs to pay you on time, but if they wish to modify or lower their commission price, you definitely can’t do anything about it. But you have the option of canceling your affiliate contract.
I think you got an idea on the advantages and disadvantages of the affiliate programs. But it’s not smooth work; there are still so many things to learn about it. Utilize the internet to research more data about affiliate programs so when the time comes for you to finally venture into this, you will be totally equipped with the right data and lessen chances of making wrong decisions.
If you are a business owner you must think about the growth of your business. There is a great way to increase your business growth. You can create a website for your business. Now in this modern age internet is a very common word for every one. So, use internet to promote your business with your website.
About website design :
If you have some knowledge about website design that is good but if you don’t have any idea about it then don’t worry. There are many good website designer in the market, you can hire any good web site designer. Before creating a website you have to keep in mind the following points :
1. Must add a tag line. It would be the most apparent component on a web page.
2. Create a search box 27 characters wide and place it on top of your website.
3. Do not utilize extensive graphics and design component.
4. Add one site map page and register a sitemap XML document in search engines.
5. Do not break a user’s workforce. Permit each action to be canceled if important.
6. Create a simple web content and keep most essential data on the top of your web page.
7. You must avoid CAPTCHAs.
About Hosting Provider :
After you create a website you have to choose a proper web hosting provider. There are many hosting providers in the market and you have to choose one hosting provider. Before you choose a hosting provider you have to keep in mind the following points :
1. How much cost they charging in Monthly and also Yearly basis? – you have to search a company that doesn’t charge too much cost. There are many company who offer some discount in annual plan.
2. Do they permit you to create sub domains or not? – you have to search those providers who permit you to create sub domains.
3. How much bandwidth do they offer ? – Bandwidth is, how much traffic flows through your website. So, if your website has heavy bandwidth then you have to search those hosting provider who provide more bandwidth in your budget.
4. How much storage space do they offer ? – If you want to host large files or images on your website and link them then you have to search for those hosting providers who provide more storage space in your budget.
5. Which kind of support they provide? – If you face any technical issue or any other issue then your hosting provider have to provider support. Now maximum hosting provider offer 24/7 live chat, phone support and also you can raise a ticket with your problem.
6. Also check if they permit FTP and mail server.
About hosting plans :
There are many hosting plans in the market. Those are shared hosting, VPS hosting, Semi dedicated hosting, dedicated hosting, reseller hosting, cloud hosting, colocation hosting etc. If you are a beginner then you can start with shared hosting because shared hosting is the most cheapest hosting plan, then as per you requirement you have to upgrade your plan.
Now in this modern age, online business is a common word. If you have any kind of business and you want to publish that online then you have to take a hosting plan. However, if you don’t have any business yet have a good business strategy and want to make some money with web hosting then too you should order a hosting plan.
There are many hosting plans but if you want to make money with web hosting, you have to choose reseller hosting plans. With reseller hosting, the reseller account owner is able to utilize their assigned hard drive space and bandwidth to host websites on behalf of third parties. The reseller hosting owners buy the host’s services wholesale and then sells them to other users for economic benefits. A particular amount of hard drive and bandwidth is assigned to the reseller account. The reseller can choose a dedicated server from a webhosting provider, or resell shared hosting services. Finally, the reseller is easily given the permission to sell a particular amount of disk space and bandwidth to his own customers without renting a server from a web hosting company he signed for a reseller account with.
If you buy a reseller hosting then you have to give hard drive space for a profit. At first you have to set up your site then you can start selling and make some profit. This is not a traditional job. The host website is set up generally with resources and support to help you make money. When you make money they make money so it is in their best interest to assist you. That’s why it is very essential to do research and select a reseller web hosting provider carefully.
You should look for web hosting companies that offer particular tools and facilities to you and your clients. One of these is cPanel. cPanel permits the user to work with and modify your website easily even with little technical knowledge. Users don’t have to have a great amount of technical expertise to manage their hosting accounts and domains.
As a reseller, you will require services and features for yourself and your clients which you don’t require as a normal web hosting customer. Some of the services you may now require include:
1. SSL certificates
2. Custom nameservers
3. Billing software
4. Customer support software and tools
5. Client management software